Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Major Miscalculation

So as I'm getting on the bus this morning (along with 2 others who must have looked like they were "from California", because they were not interrogated), the bus driver says to me, "What do they mean by 'kosher?'"

I am not making this up. And she really wanted to know. I told her that it was kind of a long answer. She looked really disappointed, so I felt bad. But what do I know from kosher?! I just like to listen to my ipod in the morning.

Then, Larry emails me at work, saying, "you should know that for the most part, Bette Midler has her hair colored a solid red." He was kind enough to include a picture:Is "Bette" supposed to mean better than "best" here? Because the above seems to go from the superlative backwards: there's "best", there's "better", and then there's just "good" ("Bette"). Basically, this poster says, "Pin me up! I'm mediocre!"

Is my nose that long?

I do agree with Larry that she looks good in this other one:

But my hair doesn't look like that. It looks like the mediocre pin-up girl one. Oops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious blog! :)

Laura said...

Thanks! Do I know you?

Anonymous said...

You've got a lot of nerve. "Bette" is the ultimate superlative. I must say, even after all this time, and in such a small digital photo, I look FABULOUS. And honey, if you ever want hair advice, the Divine is here for you.

Just stop by when you're in Vegas. Ahh, Vegas. It's been called, "over the top," "cheap," and "tacky"; all the same things critics have said about me for years. I'm coming HOME at last, hahaha! That would explain why I feel like an old salmon swimming upstream. I thought it was an enzyme deficiency.

Love, Bette