Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Circles and Arrows!

Turns out, I wasn't totally sucking at goldsprints. At least not when we'd completed about 70% of the 20-25 seconds or so of pure agony. I was solidly in second! I discovered this from a photo taken during my race. The red arrow below points to the evidence: The horizontal red line represents my progress. There's a pie chart too, for those who prefer pies. Green Line Chick (to my left as I was racing) was just super fast, so I thought I had to be dead last. Maybe, if I'd looked at the computer screen (there was one in front of the bikes too), I'd have been more motivated to catch Green Line Chick?

Nah. I was dying. In fact, I think I hit the lactic acid wall just after this photo was taken. I just remember that suddenly my legs completely stopped cooperating with my brain, which was screaming "Faster dumbass! Faster!"
Here's a photo of Lauren's hair. She'd put it up so she wouldn't puke on it during her race. Cute and tactical at the same time.
And below is Carol; I'd snapped this one just as she started going all out at the end of her race (!). She's blurry because she's flailing around. Raw power! The red arrow shows her progress on the pie chart (she's represented by the red line). She almost caught the leaders. Click the picture to see it better. Click it now! Then hit the back button. No! Don't close the picture, hit the back button. Gosh! Mainly, I just love drawing circles and arrows on images in SnagIt. SnagIt is tres fun.

OK, enough of that. Here's Beth in green, holding the grand prize. It's not exactly a carbon spork, but it's the thought that counts. Way to go Beth!

1 comment:

Carol G said...

I luv the arrows! Muito cool!!!