Thursday, September 11, 2008

There's no place like home.

Would you like to see my beautiful bathroom with no walls, sink, shower, or door?
I'm showering at the gym these days (which is fine, except that sometimes I work out twice a day, and sometimes I don't want to run near my gym).

Kitchen demolition is next. I don't think there's a kitchen at the gym, and anyway, kitchening at the gym wouldn't work. So this is all great for my self-pity party, except that both my apartment room-by-room demolitions (ongoing since about July 1) and my self-pity party are getting a little old. I only really have control over one of those. So I have a bike date on Saturday, and we'll see.

Funny that the Wizard of Oz came up recently (thank you Beth). Here's a picture of my Dorothy shoes.
I bought them in June at a yard sale, and I've been hiding them away so all the contractors and subcontractors and plumbers and electricians and sheetrock workers stomping all over my apartment won't think I'm a total freak (my other shoes sit in my hallway, in plain sight, and they keep getting moved around to make way for more holes in walls and whatnot). They're brand new! I thought they'd be great for Halloween. Hopefully I'll get invited to some sort of Halloween dealio and I won't have to walk far, because these things hurt.

4 comments:

Audra Marie Dewitt said...

You could be disco Dorothy in those shoes. It would be fabulous!

Also, you look cute in all bike pictures I've seen you in. Miss you girls....

Laura said...

Great idea! And thanks!

Unknown said...

I didn't think about all this construction going on. Are they giving you a huge discount on rent? Hullo! No bathroom and/or no kitchen = uninhabitable. They should put you up at a hotel and give you per diem.

Laura said...

Dear Larry H.,

I'm so glad you're my BFF.

I <3 you!