Sunday, May 11, 2008

My New Bike


The 2008 TCR c w! Total out-of-pocket cost: $100. Giant came through, and so did my insurance. Yay! Next weekend is my last one off the bike, and I start PT this week, so I hope the bike's ready soon! I have to start training for the Death Ride!

I hope it goes better than last year...

After watching Wendy capture "top female finisher" (and 3rd overall) in the 6-hour Lake Merritt ultra marathon yesterday, and watching Marc capture 8th overall (in his first ultra!), and scoring yet another awesome Patagonia capilene PCTR race shirt (thanks Wendy!!!), and seeing all the yummy food put out for the runners at rest stops (pizza!), I've decided to seriously consider a marathon in December (and ultimately an ultra before I turn 40). Wendy says I have to focus on either cycling or running at the higher levels (you can only go so far without the specificity training), so this should be interesting.

First, we'll see how the 8 miles goes next Sunday, out
in Tiburon with a couple wacky ultra runners (I'm off the bike, anyway). Then, the true test will be striking some sort of balance between the cycling and running, so that I can manage one or two personal records in both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A MARATHON? An ULTRA marathon?? Oy, gevalt. You have to post this on Mother's Day?!? Enough with the fukakta extreme sports already. You can rest a little. Have a little nosh. Take a brisk walk. This should be enough.

Pam & Steve Johanson said...

I'm jealous. (That's all I have to say.)

;0)