Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Whirlwindy City

I've FINALLY seen Chicago, where I converged with family for my cousin Mike's wedding this past weekend.

I arrived pretty late on Friday night, and I left at 0:dark:30 on Sunday, so I really only had one day there, which wasn't enough! The daylight hours on Saturday were spent walking past that evening's venue (to nose around a bit and get some history on the joint), strolling along the endless running/biking path on Lake Michigan, feeling very sad for the big cats and polar bears in cages at the zoo (which happens to be along the running/biking path on Lake Michigan), eating french toast, picking out a gift at Bloomingdales, obtaining the next day's boarding pass at the Ipod--oops-- I mean Apple store, watching street performers, and getting a new lipstick at MAC (my first ever MAC purchase!).

The evening was spent as a guest of the historic Women's Athletic Club, founded in 1898 not for athletic endeavors (the first gym equipment was added in the 1980s), but for entertaining. There, I was able to catch up with the "other cousins" at the "cousins table," and ride the old-school elevator being manually operated by an Elevator Guy.

Here I am, after two yummy martinis from the martini bar, taking a self-portrait with my dad, using his camera:


Why is my head so huge?!

One of my spaghetti straps broke later while I was dancing, so I immediately sought out the wedding coordinator (clipboard: dead giveaway), who hooked me up with a safety pin while chastising me: "Always. Reinforce. A spaghetti strapped dress."

1 comment:

Sammyl69 said...

your head is so big because you have a big head. no really its because you are holding the camera so close the lense gets distorted