Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Week In Review - Reader's Digest Version

Lots of Yoga/Not Enough Spin
I got in trouble for leaving work early to go to spin class. I'm trying to be zen about it, but I'm definitely losing it. I'm considering going back to being a regular morning spinner, but even when I
do manage to get out of bed for a morning spin class (the hardest part!), those classes are generally only an hour long (as opposed to 1.5 or 2 hours Monday thru Thursday evenings). And it feels less like a party. And I burn fewer calories per minute in the morning. And I'm asleep at my desk by 3. UGH!!! Namaste namaste namaste. I'm fine.

Willpower Issues
I watched every single minute of every single section of my new "The Office, Season Three" DVD, including bonus features. I tried to stretch it out until next week's sesason premiere, but that didn't work, because I have instant gratification issues. Like when my brother and I were kids, and we were allowed
one coke at Milano's, and my glass was empty in about 5 seconds, before my food arrived, while Bryan's was only two-thirds empty after he'd eaten two-thirds of his sub. And then I pouted, so I got another coke. And Bryan got really mad. Hah! Anyway, now I have to wait an entire week for the premiere, and it's my parents' fault.

Bars Bars Bars
You know those friends you have who are stuck in college party mode? I spent Friday and Saturday nights with mine, at a few drinking establishments. The highlights: I totally sucked at pool and won anyway, and we played dumb 80's songs (e.g. Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name") on the jukebox and sang along at the very tops of our lungs, which really endeared us to the bartender.

Happy New Year!
Delightful brisket, and company, on Thursday night. I resolved to be more "focused" in the coming year. I need focus. Which reminds me, I haven't been to the optometrist in eons. Gotta set something up.

Neighbor Update
X and Y have forgotten about me for the moment, because they are currently consumed by this new yappy dog situation which seems to be coming from across the courtyard. Y keeps yelling, "Keep it up guys. I'm CALLing the po-LICE." Is he trying to reason with the dogs?!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How do you know you burn fewer calories in the morning? There's a whole school of thought that by doing aerobic activity in the a.m., you raise your basal metabolism early, and it runs higher all day.

On instant gratification...you have the discipline to pace yourself, and choose against instant gratification. No, you can. Really. No, you're a silly goose.

Just like you're no longer in college party mode, you can snap out of IG mode.

X and Y have bigger issues.

Laura said...

Because my HR monitor tells me so, L(l)ama, and the way I understand it, this omniscient god-like "Polar" bear tells my HR monitor!

I've heard of your school of thought! Unfortunately, I got into the "Night School" of thought, early decision. Dammit.

Re: snapping out of Instant Gratification mode: How quickly do you think I can make this happen?

Larry H said...

"snapping out of Instant Gratification mode: How quickly do you think I can make this happen?"

Hahahaha, Lawa!

Well, your IG conditioning didn't happen overnight...but maybe you can snap out of it overnight.