Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Unbelievable

Well, I'm hoping to do a marathon one day, but it sure as hell won't be the Nike.

Click ------> Nike.

Hey! Did you read about the Nike marathon yet?

Not that I could ever do one in even close to 3 hours, but still!
Punishing the underdog?! The trophies are supposed to mean something! What good is a stupid first place trophy to a finisher who finished second? Kinda like having a crappy shoe just for the swoosh on it. Take them back, you morons, and distribute them justly!

Losers.

So...I've gotten cards (OK, "card"), visitors (Parents! Friends! Puppies!) (OK, "puppy"), home-made mac 'n cheese, all of which was so great and healing, and - bonus! - a paraffin wax spa hand treatment (I asked my fabulous physical therapist if I could get my hands dipped in the therapeutic wax dippy thing while I was there even though there's nothing wrong with my hands, and she was all "why not," and then my hands were silky smooth like butter), and my arm's getting better! And I got through my less-unbearably-silly-then-I-thought required spinning instructor training course, and I picked grapes in Healdsburg with a bunch of other people, to help out a friend with a winery! And my parents discovered a library down the street from my house, so I finally read T is for Trespass.

AND, my previous employer sent me a letter, saying they'd reconsidered the stoppage of benefits so soon after the layoff, so my health insurance is covered through the end of the year.

AND,
turns out I'm not the only one beside myself about the construction craziness that's been going on in my building since July: my upstairs neighbor contacted all of us in the building to form a coalition to end it. He's an architect and he just informed me that the landlord had refused his help! Power to the people!

And that's my report.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oppressed tenants under construction, unite! Yay!!!

Audra Marie Dewitt said...

Nike events are cheeseball anyway!