Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Respectfully Submitted...

...to someecards.com for consideration (under "APOLOGY" or perhaps "SOMEWHAT TOPICAL"), in response to a wacky San Francisco Chronicle article...NEWSFLASH!!! I had an elbow breakthrough this week. I've been tres, tres depressed because I haven't recovered full range of motion, and it's been quite tender on the bike, enough to make me reconsider the Death Ride which has been a major goal of mine for months. So, after being totally down in the dumps to the point of whining ad nauseum to Mom The Nurse, she strongly suggested:

a. Going to sleep early every night (completely irrelevant, but she saw an opening to give motherly advice and somehow worked it in);
b. Contributing more of my salary to my 403b (ditto); and
c. 2 Naproxen, once a day, for 3 days, to break the pain cycle.

I don't generally take pain meds, but I was desperate, so I tried it. Lo and behold, today (Naproxen Day Two) at PT I was almost able to get the arm straight! At 7:30 in the morning, when I'm least flexible! I started the session at -10 degrees instead of the usual -20, and went down from there. My therapist told me it was our most successful session yet, and to keep doing what I'm doing. But I think I'm going to stop at Day 3. Unless anyone out there has an extra liver.

Also taught my first spin class Thursday night. I forgot a few things, like making sure everyone was on the same page as far as resistance on the wheel, and explaining the "lingo." Oh, and one of the veteran spinners told me the tempo of my music was much too fast when we were grinding up some huge hill I'd manufactured. Whatever: The bottom line here is that I burned 920 calories in an hour!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If someecards doesn't snap that up, they totally suck!!

Awesome news about your elbow breakthrough!

Your Mom's advice is tres sage. My elbows are fine, yet my sleep habits are a bit sub-par, and I'm not allowed to contribute anything to my 401k for months! And my liver is on the fritz! Coincidence??? I. THINK. NOT. What pill would your Mom tell me to take for this?

Your spin class rocked the party. You burned 920 calories! Woo! Burn, baby, burn.

Audra Marie Dewitt said...

Glad you're feeling better:) Where do you teach spin?
-m