Friday, June 13, 2008

Pesca-what?

I'm racing tomorrow - Pescadero. It's my first real road race (accidental entry, then 10 miles, then accidental exit doesn't count). I hear it's not flat. And I'm at the worst part of my cycle right now and my back hurts particularly badly this month. And I now have an ulnar nerve "bruise" (this was the doctor's diagnosis when I called him in a panic 2 days after Tuesday's "aggressive" PT session, because ever since then it's felt a bit like I just hit my funny bone, pretty much constantly, and gets worse during stretching exercises, and I simply haven't been able to wear my nighttime splint for the pain, and my ring and pinky fingers still haven't regained full sensation. And I just now realized my kit's dirty, and the laundry machine is in use (surprise!) and it's almost 9 pm and I have to get up at 5:30 am.

So yeah, everything's coming together.

OK, it's actually not all bad. I got my 12x25 cassette (which came standard on the new bike) switched out for the 12x27 from my old bike, at a moment's notice less than half an hour before my bike shop closed, despite the fact that the shop was having some huge sale and was chock full of people. So now I have an extra gear (I'm going to need it). And a teammate of mine left a trainer on his front porch for me to grab so that I could get in a nice warm-up tomorrow morning.

Rats. I just realized that's two fewer excuses I have for a DFL finish. That's OK...I've heard it's a pretty ride. And I'm going to a BBQ in Half Moon Bay after! Yay!

2 comments:

place_holder said...

If I were you, I would not do it. But you HAVE TO do it, huh?

Laura said...

Have to! Ack. I have to go to bed.