Wednesday, March 19, 2008

<3

"<3" is a sideways heart. Tilt your head to the right. See?

Apparently, all the kids today use it. In fact, sometimes they say "I 'less than three' you" as a long-hand version of "I 'heart' you" which is now a totally passe way of saying "I love you" in shorthand.

E.g.: I "less than three" tonight's yoga instructor. I hadn't been to a yoga class in months, but was recently re-inspired to do what I can to stop feeling like I've been run over by a truck. Twice. At the beginning of class, the yogini asked how everyone was doing, and everyone was silent (Hullo! She's asking what everyone wants to work on! Am I the only one with Truck Syndrome? Do you people do anything besides yoga?). I took the opportunity to let her know that I was quite sore and tight from cycling, and she proceeded to focus quite a bit on hip flexors, just for moi.

I start an 8-day cycling tour in New Zealand 2 weeks from today. I'm going to see how many yoga classes I can take between now and then. Weeee...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't see a heart. but i do see a butt.

Anonymous said...

OMG, I can't believe you go to NZ in 2 weeks!!

Forget those truckless, syndromeless, yogazoids, and let the yogurtress cater to you and your hip flexors.

"I heart you" is not passe! Take it back!

I cursive capital 'E' greater than you!

Put that in your Ruprecht and smoke it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Good thing you're keeping us up to date on the latest (albeit passe)lingo. Without your update we're in danger of using words like "neat", "copacetic" and even (gasp) "I love you".
Anyway, glad you're yogying away!

Carol G said...

Namaste, little caterpillar. =)
Yoga is awesome! I'll be doing it tonight, stoking my internal fire. ;-)