Saturday, July 28, 2007

Mental post-its don't work

Yay! A blog!

Steve's birthday is tomorrow. Before his birthday last year, I kept reminding myself to call, and then of course I missed the 'actual' day. So I called him a day early this year, just in case, while I was thinking of it. I know. Not the same. Oh: Steve's
my friend from Baltimore. But he and his wife Pam moved to Miami in July. On purpose.

Anyway, whilst we're on the subject of brilliant ideas, I got my hair corn row-ed yesterday during lunch, right across the street from work! I'm going on a week-long cycling trip next weekend, and I thought it would be a great way to prevent helmet-head. Because, hullo, it's important to have perfect hair around a bunch of other cyclists who have helmet-head. So I was running around gathering my stuff together for my morning ride, and I was late to meet the group, and I went to slap my helmet onto my now-helmet-head-proofed-self, and:

My helmet wouldn't fit over my head.

Apparently, the addition of the

a. braids;
b. rubber bands at crown of head; and
c. sundry head coverings placed strategically to prevent scalp burn

(all factors completely beyond my control) had converged to enlarge my head's circumference beyond helmet capacity. So I shoved my head into my helmet as best I could, and started my ride with an excruciating headache. Which only got worse, together with my vision, as I began to sweat, rivers of the sunscreen that I'd slathered all over my forehead (because my forehead's been looking kind of wrinkled to me) flowing directly into the delta that is my eyes. Wait: Do rivers flow to or from deltas?

Me, taking a helmet break:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7616589@N06/932066120/in/set-72157601064849835/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mifageret! I'm laughing hysterically, feeling my chin! Thanks!

Laura said...

As if there were any other way to feel your chin (or fling a cat out a window)! Clapclap guy moving to Miami, you moving to Rochester (don't forget to order the kosher garbage plate at Nick Tahoe's), it's all a weird diaspora.